Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Official banner - spread the word!!

Hello everyone!  Thank you for checking out this brand new blog that I created to try to bring Slutwalk to YYC.  I created the banner above about half an hour ago after crafting the background of this blog that you're looking at right now, comprised of raw, inspiring spectator photos from Slutwalk Toronto that happened this past weekend.  I'll say this now so no one attacks me:

I do not own ANY of the photos used in the background of this page, or the Calgary skyline backdrop in the banner.  These images have been found by entering "slutwalk" and "calgary tower" queries into Google Images respectively.  I DID however create the banner above, the background you see here, and any subsequent variations I may post unless otherwise stated using Adobe Photoshop CS5.

Please, please, PLEASE help me promote this blog by putting the link to this blog, slutwalkcalgary.blogspot.com on your Facebook status, or you can tweet it, or throw the banner up on your blog or website and let people know about it!  I am in the process of contacting Slutwalk Toronto and Slutwalk Vancouver to see if they will be willing to support this blog in promotion of a Satellite Slutwalk. 

The movement has also leaked into the twitterverse!  Follow @slutwalkyyc (which is also me) which is where I'm trying to get the word out the most frequently.

Thank you everyone!  Let's make this happen!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mary!

    I love your enthusiasm! Fortunately it is gonna happen!

    We have been working with the satellite liason for SlutWalk TO for a couple weeks and are currently organizing an event for Calgary.

    Please contact us if you would like to get involved: slutwalkcalgary@gmail.com

    Also, follow us on twitter @SlutWalk Calgary

    Our facebook page is: http://www.facebook.com/pages/SlutWalk-Calgary/191305060913401

    ReplyDelete